Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Spy

I spy with my little eye a sound looking Mare-Beast!  It is looking like the gamble I made of going with the joint injection rather than doing the blocks to identify the problem paid off and Seneca looks sound. I say looks because I have only been able to observe her as she moves around in the pasture. Weather and work have endeavored to keep me from riding.

I would like to say that I was going to get on her today but... I'm tired, exhausted even. This past week at work was one of the most stressful I've experienced there. I have been working towards getting a specific qualification for over six months and I finally got to the end and earned it on Thursday.  So I would love to say I am going to go get on my horse right this minute, but I'd rather watch her grazing and just let it go with hope that it won't rain on Monday so I can ride then.

I swear though the minute I finished that qual things in my life began looking up a little. Because I was doing research on the net and found a schooling horse trial that is within an exceptable distance, and far enough away that I can get Seneca fit for it!  Woo Hooo!

So now all I have to do is make sure that the truck is in working order, and *sigh* work on the High Queen's trailer loading. Because when I tried to reload her at Erin's she refused. For two days.  *loud teeth grinding*  I ended up having to walk her home. Four miles!  Past horse eating demon cows!

Those cows are evil! As we walking past them, the High Queen was already freaked, but the damn things started running down the fence so that it appeared to Seneca as if they were chasing her.  At which point she body checked me, jumped the massive ditch(a xc obsticle that we will never have a problem with I see.) and took me with her as I was still holding the end of the leadline.

So here we are at the begining of a whole new eventing season. And we have so far to go. We're both not fit, the truck has a transmission issue, and the weather is still crappy.  Soo the same as last year except the truck was still okay then. Eh, we'll get there.

Keep it between the flags everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the injections have worked out and that you feel rested soon!

    ReplyDelete